Congruent Transmissions

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Percieved Notion Of Beauty By Idiots

A few weeks ago I worked security at an art gallery. Two of my co-workers were talking amongst themselves as an exotic looking Black lady walks by. She was thin, very dark, with tall leopard print boots and a colorful head wrap.

I was coming back from my break and my co-workers didn't see me walking up. When they both noticed me one stepped away trying to quiet his hystericcal laughter. The other maintained his composure as if he didn't say anything at all.

I saw them looking at the woman and they saw me looking at her. The laughing guy gave me the break sheet to sign back in. And that's when he chimed in with this gem, "Hey Steve, you're just like us. We're trying to figure out WHAT THE HELL THAT WAS?" He said it with a straight face too.

I thought she was beautiful and exotic. I wonder what they really thought of this African beauty. All I ask for is a little bit of PROFESSIONALISM in the fucking workplace! Is that too much to ask for? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment